Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Life Changing Year

God sure has alot in store for me and my family this year. Without going into the juicy details that most would love for me to share, I will just say that you will be meeting a new Jackie Grim very soon. I am very excited but scared at the same time. God is changing what is bad in my life and adding the good into my life.
For 28 years I have struggled with who I am. What 28 year old do you know that does not even know how they like there steak cooked? Or what is there real favorite color? Or (to go deeper) what is god's purpose for them? I know, some 50 year olds still don't know what is God's purpose for them. But, I refuse to wait that long.
I am opening myself up to renewed friendship and moving forward. I want to be the outgoing person who just won't shut up! I want people to tell me to shut up! LOL (Kevin does, so I think he would beg to differ)
But to get back to what my title of this thread is.....
God spoke to me and told me this would be a year of change. At first I was thinking, ok...yeah I need to quit smoking...then ...hmmm.. maybe homeschool. Without Kevin on board to that, it is a no way buddy! Then, I started to wait on God. (I know 2008 is only 16 days young) But, he is already showing me what needs to be changed and has given me such promise for tomorrow. I am so thankful for the first time in my life for friendship. It is a blessing that God gives you...even if it comes up to you without you knowing it! :) God is so great huh? I just cannot wait (even though.....yup I am scared) for the new Jackie Grim to shine through!

0 comments: